Thank you for your interest in employment at Word of Faith. Below is a list of current employment opportunities. Please send us your resume using the contact information found at the bottom of this page.
Front End Web Designer / Developer
Word of Faith seeks a qualified front end web designer and developer to join our in-house team to enhance our web sites and mobile apps. We are a mission based global non-profit organization with international online properties and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact on multiple projects and multiple deadlines, while delivering with consistency and accuracy
- Play a multi-disciplinary role within the Creative and IT teams
- Work hand-hand with Creative Services Department to ensure brand consistency, graphic styles and visual language. Create graphics that also meet these standards.
- Conceptualize and design websites, banners, rich media etc.
- Design and code HTML email campaigns
- Writes structured, commented, validated, and documented HTML codes for ease of maintenance so that the code can be read and understood by others.
- Serves as a support for satellite churches for web site development and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and Word of Faith policies on web site usage, security and standards.
- Shoots digital photographs and video for inclusion on the web page, if necessary.
- Maintain current CMS driven web sites and mobile applications . Plan for regular updates of web and intranet pages to maintain timeliness of data.
- Reviews, spell checks, error checks all web contents prior to and after release, to maintain high level of quality of content.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Skills in UI / UX
- Experience with CMS's particularly Drupal and Wordpress
- Understanding of cross-platform application and browser differences
- Knowledge of how to write online copy that works for both an online audience and for search engine bots.
- Knowledge of web-specific advertising and marketing techniques.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Helpful skills:
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledge of e-commerce.
- Mobile application development
- Experience with Usability Testing & QA Testing
Exhibit Excellent Team Characteristics:
- Possesses a positive, upbeat, can-do attitude, but isn't afraid to speak up when something can be done better
- Quality of Work
- Accountability for Actions
- Work / Life Balance for Self and Team
- Detail-Oriented, Organized
- Integrity in all Internal and External Dealings
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks and time
- Infallible work ethic
- Flexibility & Willingness to adjust in response to the constant changes in techniques
- Drive and passion for continuing education to learn new software, techniques and procedures through continuing education, professional reading, participation in conferences, workshops and professional groups.
Please respond with your resume and a link to your online portfolio including URLs to at least 3 sites, code samples may also be requested.
Full Time Building Operations Housekeeping Position
(Work Hours: 3 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.)
Duties and Responsibilities for Cleaning:
Nurseries, Offices, and Classrooms
- Empty all trash baskets and replace liners
- Spot clean walls and carpets
- Clean interior door glass including the outer door glass
- Dust ceiling air vents
- Disinfect all telephones
- Dust down all office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, file cabinets, etc.
- Dust all desk, lamp and lamp shades, chair, rugs, floor bases, low molding, and sills
- Vacuum floor and crevices
- Dry sweep and wet mop all floors
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using germicidal cleaners
- Clean and disinfect all Bathroom Vanities and Sinks
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and sanitize all toilets, urinals, wash basins, walls, and partitions
- Refill all paper towel, soap and sanitary napkins dispensers
- Empty all trash baskets and replace liners
- Clean main floor windows and cushions
Perform general accounting and financial reporting functions for the purpose of providing relevant and reliable financial information to the users of the financials.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervise Accounts Receivable and Social Events Coordinator.
- Prepares, maintains control, and is responsible for subsidiary accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts.
- Posts data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures. Reconciles & Reviews domestic and International bank accounts.
- Involved with the preparation of financial statements and varied fiscal reports.
Candidate must have strong accounting skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills; and knowledge in Microsoft Office and various accounting software. Candidate Testing Required.
Education and/or Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university is required for senior accountant. Individual must have at least 3-5 years of Financial Accounting experience.
Please send resumé's to:
Word of Faith International Christian Center
Attention: Human Resources
20000 W. Nine Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075
Or email resumé to: email@example.com